Embedded group loads slow in web page

09-18-2013 06:04 AM
MichaelCarson4
New Contributor III
I have a web page that has embedded groups in it.  The web page loads quickly but the embedded groups load very slowly (7 to 10 seconds) or not at all.  The web page is http://gis.burbankca.gov .  What can be done to speed them up?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, I agree it's a little slow. I don't think there's much you can do. The request to get the group and its content seems slow. I'll see if there's anything we can do. Is this something that just started happening?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MichaelCarson4
New Contributor III
It has always been slow, but the group not being displayed seemed to start happening this week.  It was displaying last week but took it's time to appear.
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
I took a look at the requests for the two groups you are displaying on the page. For the 'Map Catalog' group the search doesn't return any items. Are you sure the group has public web maps? Here's the request. If you look at this in a browser you'll see that it returns 0 items:

http://burbankca.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/search?num=12&start=0&sortField=modified&sortOrder=des...
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Hi Michael,

Looks like both of the items in that group have a type of 'Document Link'. The embedded gallery, at this release, only supports items with a type of Web Map and Web Mapping Application. We may add support for displaying additional item types in a future release.

Kelly
0 Kudos
MichaelCarson4
New Contributor III
Hmm.  It has been working for the past 3 weeks until this week!  So someone must have updated ArcGIS Online to plug the hole!  Really, I don't see why you do this, who cares if it is a web map or document link, or whatever.

I guess the real question here is that if it was working, why not now?  I think the "future release functionality" was working fine until it was turned off.

Thanks for your help though.  I appreciate your time troubleshooting.

mike
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
We updated the site with a fix for this issue. Can you re-test and let me know if it has resolved the issue with non Web Map and App items appearing in the gallery.
0 Kudos
MichaelCarson4
New Contributor III
Thanks!  Verified working with documents again.  -mike
0 Kudos
MichaelCarson4
New Contributor III
Looks like a new problem popped up.  When you try to add a document item, it states that the file already exists (and the file is on my own server):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27632[/ATTACH]

Not sure if that problem happened after the fix.
0 Kudos