Print task output is pixelated

09-01-2013 09:55 PM
VinayBansal
Occasional Contributor II
Hi All,
We have migrated our application from Web ADF 10.0 to ArcGIS Javascript API 10.1.
I am generating the PDF output in my application using Print task at dpi 96. But the output generated is pixelated as compared to the output generated using the Web ADF, means the output is not as smooth.
Is print task is actually generating the PDF or generating the image and fixing it in the PDF?

How to increase the output quality using Print task?
One solution could be to increase the dpi to 200 or 300. It improves the quality, but still remains pixelated if PDF is zoomed in....

Is there any other solution?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
VinayBansal
Occasional Contributor II
Also, I just tested using custom python script and publishing the service, the ouptut quality is better for 96 dpi.
But it is taking longer time to generate the PDF and the PDF size is larger than the PDF generated using Export Web Map task.
So can anyone explains what's the difference for generating the PDF using Export Web Map task using Print task Javsascript API and using Python script ConvertWebMapToDocument and consuming it in ArcGIS Javascript API
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
one common cause of blurry PrintTask output is the unintended scale shift that can occur when you prioritize capturing the exact extent from the current application.  in order to preserve map scale instead (so that a cached scale level will be used), make sure to set

PrintTemplate.preserveScale = true