Basic Viewer Template Configure App for self hosted

Jump to solution
08-05-2013 05:28 AM
WillCorum
New Contributor II
If I download the basic viewer template and host it on my own server I can use it to view web maps. But I cannot get the Configure App button to appear. I've spent the last week trying to get it to work, reading the doc and forum posts with no luck. I can inject the json config through the large text area, but we want to be able to use the GUI config the way it works on the arcgisonline site. Does anyone know if this specific use case is possible? If so, is there a trick to get the Configure App button working?

Thanks,
Will
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WillCorum
New Contributor II
I thought I had already tried this, but I guess not. You have to post the configuration json to the template AFTER you upload it to your server.

Here's an example:
1) Download the basic viewer.
2) Host it on your web server.
3) Add it to your content.
4) Switch your org to use internal templates.
5) Enter the content of configuration_panel.js into the configuration box you find when you edit the template through the web.

After that the configuration button and associated panel will show.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WillCorum
New Contributor II
I thought I had already tried this, but I guess not. You have to post the configuration json to the template AFTER you upload it to your server.

Here's an example:
1) Download the basic viewer.
2) Host it on your web server.
3) Add it to your content.
4) Switch your org to use internal templates.
5) Enter the content of configuration_panel.js into the configuration box you find when you edit the template through the web.

After that the configuration button and associated panel will show.
0 Kudos