Select to view content in your preferred language

Obligation due to use of dojo component

Jump to solution
05-16-2013 07:11 PM
uu
by
Emerging Contributor
What kind obligation my product will have if I use the dojo component in my product?
If I just using dojo to render the ArcGIS map then do I need to keep my product as open source?
My concern is about licensing of the dojo.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinayBansal
Frequent Contributor
As per my understanding Dojo has AFL and BSD license only. Dojo replaced its (L)GPL license with BSD license
And its documentaion says that
You may:

Freely use Dojo to build applications and services
Distribute Dojo as a part of commercial products
Modify Dojo, make extensions to the toolkit, and produce your own add-on components with no requirement that you give your code away or contribute it back to the project
Just to re-iterate, you can build commercial software with Dojo without obtaining a separate license or incurring any other obligations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VinayBansal
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
uu
by
Emerging Contributor
thanks for the information Vinay.
Does dojo have any GPL obligation?
0 Kudos
VinayBansal
Frequent Contributor
As per my understanding Dojo has AFL and BSD license only. Dojo replaced its (L)GPL license with BSD license
And its documentaion says that
You may:

Freely use Dojo to build applications and services
Distribute Dojo as a part of commercial products
Modify Dojo, make extensions to the toolkit, and produce your own add-on components with no requirement that you give your code away or contribute it back to the project
Just to re-iterate, you can build commercial software with Dojo without obtaining a separate license or incurring any other obligations.
0 Kudos
uu
by
Emerging Contributor
thanks for the information 🙂
0 Kudos