Make Feature Layer in Model Builder problem

09-12-2012 02:33 AM
ChrisClarke
New Contributor II
Hello All

I am having a slight problem with using the Make Feature Layer tool in model builder.

Basically I have a file geodatabase of points. I am trying to make a model to pull out points according to a reference field value. I could just make the expression for the tool a variable but unfortunatly the users who are going to use it are to dense to create a simple SQL statement.

I have created a model String variable (VRefNo) to take the reference number (Its alphanumeric hense the string. The column in the geodatabase is also a string) and tried to parse it in the usual way to the expression: "RefNo" = '%VRefNo%' and all the other variables are hard coded. I have made the variable a model parameter and checked the add to display check box for the output and made sure nothing is intermediate (There is only one toole in the model and thats it).

The model runs ok with no errors but I am not getting an output........

Any Ideas?

Many thanks in advance

C
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisClarke
New Contributor II
UPDATE: I can get the select tool to work in model builder when run from the toolbox only when I make the output a model parametre.... Thats all nice but I only want to save the results temporarily to memory (in_memory\) and would prefer the user not having the option to change this. Thank you ESRI!!

I would make a python script to do it but all the clients dont have python installed on their machines.....
0 Kudos