Local Data Exception

09-06-2011 02:31 AM
Labels (1)
KarimIbrahim
New Contributor
Hi,

I get following Exception when trying to load a "LocalArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer"

LocalServerException was unhandled: "Failed to create service mymap MapServer. Error while setting up SOC. Error code: 500"

I have mpk that contains just some layers it works fine on other computer but on my notebool i get this error when trying to initialize local layers. Same solution works fine on three other machinces.

<esri:LocalArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer Path="C:\Users\k.ibrahim\Documents\ArcGIS\Packages\MyMap.mpk" x:Name="_localDynamicMapServiceLayer"/>
0 Kudos
10 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Many thanks for posting this issue. Please can you provide some details on the notebook - specifically the video card(s) configuration and driver(s)? (we have seen, and fixed, an issue we found on a couple of notebooks relating to drivers for multi video card configuration).

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
KarimIbrahim
New Contributor
Thx for the reply,

Its a Dell XPS 15 with 2nd generation core i7 with Nvidia GT540 2gb in combination with Intel hd raphiccard. The drivers are all up to date meaning in case of the Intel hd Driver version 8.15.10.2291
Nvidia driver version:8.17.12.8026

Thx for the tip should i report this as a bug and 2nd is there a known workaround for this?

Thx,
Karim
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

To ascertain it is indeed the same, multi graphics card issue or whether that is a red herring, I'd be grateful if you could try try running the ArcGIS Runtime with each card independently (by disabling each of the graphics cards in turn in device manager).

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
KarimIbrahim
New Contributor
Thx alot for the help disabling one of the graphic cards solved the problem.
Both Nvidia and Intel work alone but not in combination.
For me this is good enough for the time and thx again
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

I'd like to confirm that you're using the final Beta 1 build - can you check the version number of the ArcGIS Runtime binaries in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Runtime400\bin - they should be 312.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
KarimIbrahim
New Contributor
Hi,

Yes thats the version i am using.

Karim
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

Thanks - it's likely that we'll need to ask for some more information in order to ensure this is resolved. If this is the case - I'll let you know.

In the mean time, are there any crashdumps being generated on the notebook in question when the error occurs? They should be in:

C:\users\<username>\appdata\local\temp\crashdumps\

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

I have some additional questions:

- What is your Operating System?
- Is it 64-bit?
- What is the version of dadflib.dll in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Runtime400\bin?
- Would you be able to run 3rd party software to catch a memory dump (if we provide instructions)?

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
MiriRevivo
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mike,

I've just ran into the exact same problem with a Lenovo Thinkpad W520.
My OS is Win 7 64bit.
The version of the dadflib.dll is 10.1.0.2805.
Attached is the (mini) crash dump file.
I'd be able to run a 3rd party software to catch a memory dump following your instructions if necessary.

Thanks,
Miri (from Israel, we've met at the Madrid workshop).
0 Kudos