I need to develop a custom widget for Web AppBuilder (developer edition) 2.16
in order to display a DWG file (2d or 3d) in 3D scene.
The DWG will always be in ITM coordinates (Israel TM grid, that is EPSG:2039) even if not specified.
The DWG contains Lines, Polygons and Points. Most of the time the other layers except lines will be empty.
What choice is more preferred/applicable -
1. Convert to 3 shape files (for lines, polygons and points) and display them?
2. Convert to KML and display it (is there a way to display 2d/3d KML?)?
3. Display the DWG directly (is a way to do it?) ?
I assume the only applicable way is 1, but I want to know more in order to be sure -
- Is conversion from DWG needed at all?
- Converting to KML is easy, but maybe KML 2D/3D could not be added to 3D scene?
- Or maybe there are more suitable ways to go by?
Help will be greatly appreciated.