Unable to open map file not found

05-18-2020 07:32 AM
JonFoster1
New Contributor

I am using the collector app on iOS. Over the last 2 weeks, my users have been getting the "unable to open map file not found error" with their downloaded offline areas. This error has affected all of my users, some more than once. Sync still works for some reason on affected offline areas but, my users are not able to use their maps until they remove the downloaded area and re-download the area again. Is there anything that could be causing this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Jon,

Is this issue specific to a certain map or just offline maps in general? Are any changes being made to the web map or services while the offline areas are downloaded on your iOS devices?

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
JonFoster1
New Contributor

It seems to be happening to all of our offline map users. We have roughly 16 in total offline maps. No has made any changes to the map files other than my users collecting gps data in the field. Each map has one layer in common (a layer that everyone collects gps points) and several others that no one can edit. The common layer is the only layer being edited. We have been using the same method for over 8 months. The "unable to open map file not found error" has only cropped up in the last two weeks. The only thing that may have coincided was I performed a map update to give my users updated info about a month ago. Those haven't caused any issue in the past.

MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I'm having the same issue with one of our Collector users

0 Kudos