agaiser

Server Object instance creation failed on machine pcxxxxx

Discussion created by agaiser on Mar 28, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 by tbello-esristaff
Default Server Object instance creation failed on machine xxxxx

I am trying to get Workflow Manager Server running on a PC (running Windows XP Professional 2002 - just a test bed to try to get things running).

ArcGIS Server is working fine and I can author Map Services.

I installed the Workflow Manager Server component and have confirmed that the ServerTypes.dat has been updated to include the WMServer.

I have copied my xxx.jtc file to a directory that I now the SOM/SOC can access and I have created a new .cfg file in the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server10.0\server\user\cfg directory. When I restart the SOM and try to start the service I get the following messages in the log (.dat) file:

<Msg time='2011-03-28T14:01:58' type='ERROR' code='1016' target='WMX.WMServer'  machine='pcxxxxx' thread='2100' elapsed='3.32800'>Server Object instance creation failed on machine pcxxxxx. </Msg>
<Msg time='2011-03-28T14:01:58' type='ERROR' code='1016' target='WMX.WMServer' machine='pcxxxxx' thread='1900' elapsed='3.86000'>Server Object instance creation failed on machine pcxxxxx. </Msg>
<Msg time='2011-03-28T14:01:58' type='ERROR' code='1008' target='WMX.WMServer' thread='1900'>Configuration WMX.WMServer can not be started.</Msg>

I know that the .jtc connection is valid as I have been using it in both Workflow manager and the administrator without any problems.

I have a feeling I am missing something obvious. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
   Alison

Outcomes