No Image/Audio capture is activated when I start survey from features in Inbox

01-20-2020 10:23 AM
JayH
by
New Contributor III

Hello all, 

I have created a survey with an existing feature layer. The survey is supposed to capture a few images and 1 audio, but when I tested it on the phone, there are no icons where I can activate my cameras and voice record. There are just names listed, Image1, Image2, ... Image 5, Audio.

Before publishing the feature layer, I ran the tool 'Enable Attachments' and there was no error when I published survey. Any advice where I need to look into??

Cheers,

+

Image/audio seems work when I test in in the survey123 connect preview, but not in the downloaded mobile app.

+ Additional Note

My current method is selecting the existing feature from Inbox> open survey. This case I do not see any image/audio buttons. However, if I start with 'Collect', I can see them and can capture images/audio.

So it looks like I need to enable to add/edit attachments of the existing features.....any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay,

This is currently a limitation of the app. Having the ability to view & edit attachments via the inbox is one of our most requested product features. You may want to check out this GeoNet thread which offers a workflow utilizing repeats (related tables) to manage the addition of photos via the Inbox.

Best Regards,

Brett

0 Kudos