Tag based Query is not working

01-21-2020 04:25 AM
Shiva_PrakashYaragal
Esri Contributor

Hi 

We have built Geo hub. 

While working on "Category" section we are facing problems related to tag based search.

Problem : In "category setting" section when we are using tag based search. The tag that we have defined are not getting populated. We have tags like "Waste", "solid" etc but these are not coming in drop down. Previously these tags used to get populated in the drop down, however now they are not getting populated. These tags "Waste" etc has been added to respective dataset and these dataset have been shared with the required group.

So if any one is facing similar problem, please let us know if they is work around. I am attaching screen shot of the same. #hub#tag#hub page

Tags (3)
26 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We should have a fix for this coming out tomorrow. Apologies for the inconvenience

0 Kudos
Hicks_Lindsay
New Contributor

Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

apologies - we found follow-up issues that should be resolved after our release today

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our release just went out - please give it a try now!

0 Kudos
Tim-Woodfield
Occasional Contributor

His this fix been rolled out? I am working on a hub site and our tags are not showing up. We can see other random, generic tags when we start typing but none of the unique tags in our data.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Timothy,

Yes the fix was rolled out for this late January. You're not able to find your tags at all? I ask because the card should search for all tags across ArcGIS Online to allow you to support our customers who link to content outside of their organization. That said, you should still be able to find your unique tags. Can you post a link to your site?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
DezsoLovicsek
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I seem to still be having the same issue as OP when trying to define the tag query. Tags that are used in our Hub site's content library are not showing up in the picklist, but tags that we have never used appear as results. Any suggestions for workarounds?

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to query for multiple tags using the category tool? I would want to return results matching both tag1 and tag2. I found a GeoNet post from 2019 that suggests a workaround, but whenever I enter type anything in the Tag Query box, the text disappears as soon as I click anywhere else on the page.

Thanks in advance!

-DL

0 Kudos
AshleyHayes2
New Contributor III

I am in the same situation as Dezso:

1) My tags are not available, but tags that I have never used appear.  

2) I would also like to query based on multiple tags where both tags are matched.  

ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi Ashley Hayes‌, there's a chance that the tags that are appearing are coming from your organization. However, you can email me at thervey@esri.com and would be happy to look into this further. As far as querying based on multiple tags, this is currently not supported since our search engine gives results for any matching tags. This is an enhancement we are considering.