Tag based Query is not working

01-21-2020 04:25 AM
Shiva_PrakashYaragal
Esri Contributor

Hi 

We have built Geo hub. 

While working on "Category" section we are facing problems related to tag based search.

Problem : In "category setting" section when we are using tag based search. The tag that we have defined are not getting populated. We have tags like "Waste", "solid" etc but these are not coming in drop down. Previously these tags used to get populated in the drop down, however now they are not getting populated. These tags "Waste" etc has been added to respective dataset and these dataset have been shared with the required group.

So if any one is facing similar problem, please let us know if they is work around. I am attaching screen shot of the same. #hub#tag#hub page

Tags (3)
26 Replies
MarcCarullo
New Contributor

This is still an issue for me, over two years after the original post. Perhaps the issue was re-introduced after the supposed fix in the September 2020 update? Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
Gewobari
New Contributor

We have this issue on our ArcGIS Enterprise Sites. Our tag query suggests some tags, when you begin typing. But I have no idea, where they are coming from, because they are all english and our organization works in german and we only used german tags on our items.

0 Kudos
MatthewBeal
Occasional Contributor III

@ThomasHervey1 I am having this issue again with a freshly created hub initiative. It isn't finding any of our organization's data layers.

Edit: For those that were still having this issue like I was, the fix is to go into the Share settings of the Hub site (the small icon of two people next to the save button at the time of writing this) and ensuring that the Groups that were created when you deployed the initiative are listed under the "Group Sharing" buttons. You then need to share those layers with the group from that layers details page. Once I did that, it started showing up for me. @Gewobari @MarcCarullo @meganfraser @jp503 

Maybe I just haven't found it, but some documentation on deploying this and setting it up would be very helpful. I have seen no mention of needing to add any data to groups and judging by this thread, many others haven't either. Considering the cost of Hub Premium, the deployment process should have much more documentation and resources available. 

KevinHanson1
New Contributor II

@ThomasHervey1  - I am also having this issue when I started creating a new Hub Site in ArcGIS Online today. I am able to use preset tags for the Application Gallery Cards, but not for the "Category" cards that link to data. I have tried the fix above from @MatthewBeal which didn't work. I have tried using new Tags, new Content Categories, and creating new Groups. The only Group I see is the automatically generated "Content" group. The tags and content categories seem to be from outside our organization. Any ideas?

-Kevin

0 Kudos
BobCowling2
New Contributor III

I have had this issue as well in Portal. In my case it appears as though having only one dataset with the tag caused it not to work properly. The solution for me was to add the tag to an existing dataset currently working in the Enterprise site, then it found the tag when I searched for it in the tag query. After I removed the tag from the existing dataset. 

0 Kudos
DJB
by
New Contributor III

It is now 2024 and it appears that this is still an issue.  I'm trying to use a tag in the Tag Query in a Hub page that I've created and it does not show up as an option.

As you can see below, it is in my metadata record...

DJB_0-1706559186251.png

But cannot be found in Hub.

DJB_1-1706559228688.png

Esri, any idea when this will be fixed.  It's been four years now.

0 Kudos
BradLewis14
New Contributor

I too am still having this issue - I have items tagged with a custom tag in my ArcGIS Content, and using a tag search or setting it in a Category card (that invokes the search), it returns no results. I can filter on this tag within ArcGIS Online, and it correctly displays the items with the tag. 

It appears there is no linkage between my Org's tags within ArcGIS Online and the Tag search functionality deployed in Hub. 

0 Kudos