AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why are my hosted feature layers failing to copy in my distributed collaboration?

Question asked by KDChrist on Jul 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2019 by TJones-esristaff

This is my current distributed collaboration setup:

AGOL - Host, uses standard logins

Enterprise Portal 10.6.1 - Guest, uses IWA

• Did not set up web-tier authentication
  • created groups during the collaboration process
  • The guest Portal is set up to only receive data from the AGOL host.
  • The workspace is set up to copy data.

So I have a survey created in Survey123 that feeds a hosted feature layer in AGOL. I ensured that sync was enabled on that hosted feature layer. I shared said hosted feature layer with the workspace group. The first sync takes place and the hosted feature layer is copied over to the guest Portal like a dream. I can fully access and interact with the layer. The layer is still set to allow sync.

Everything is wonderful, then I run a test.

On the guest Portal side, I add the copied layer to a web map and enable the refresh interval. I then go back to my host AGOL environment and fill out another survey to add a record. The hosted feature layer on the AGOL side is immediately updated without issue. I then go back into the guest Portal side, and schedule the sync for the workspaces to occur within the next two mins or so. I am simply testing to see if the feature layer updates properly at sync...

It does not.

I get the following screen message:

Clicking it reveals...

And to top it all off I get a notification on my AGOL site that "The hosted feature layer could not be sent as a copy, so it was sent as a reference instead."

Now, my nice original hosted feature layer copy seems to have lost some of its functionality and has not updated.

It is my understanding from everything I could find and read that when performing a collaboration between AGOL and Enterprise 10.6.1 that hosted feature layers can be copied.

Can anybody tell me why this could be occurring?

Outcomes