Exporting multiple Features into one Geojson or Json file on ArcGIS

06-10-2019 08:44 AM
NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

Hello! 

I'm trying to exporting multiple features in one layer into a single Geojson or Json file to add as reference layer for Power BI but I only could do it for single feature (using Features into Json in Geoprocessing). Is anyone can help me how to solve this problem please? Or any suggestion of how we can import a reference layer of multiple features into Power BI is welcome! 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nguyen,

The Features to JSON tool should do this.  Make sure that there are no features selected when you execute the tool.  Or, browse to the feature class, rather than selecting it from the dropdown.

NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your response! Could you also help me how to create a feature class from multiple selected features please? 

Really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

What type of features are you working with (i.e. shapefile, csv file)?

NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

I think it's Geodatabase Feature Class by looking at its properties, the client sent me the gdb package and I just unzipped and worked on it.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

If it's a feature class, you should just have to execute the Features to JSON tool.  Can you send a screen shot of how you are currently executing the tool?

NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

Here it's showing a single feature when I use the dropdown. Wondering if there's a way I can group them into. 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Ok, so you want to convert multiple feature classes to a single JSON file.  You would need to merge these feature classes into one feature class in order to do this.

Merge—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

NguyenPhan
New Contributor II

I just tried it but the features that have different coloring labels will have the same label once they're merged. The client wants me to show them distinctly. Other than merging, is there other approach that we can use to export multiple feature classes into a single JSON file? Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
TravisPreston2
New Contributor II

Could Nquyen Phan Merge the feature classes and use domains to classify/label the features as the were in seperate feature classes?

0 Kudos