Using Date Selector and Category Selector at the same time?

04-24-2019 02:28 PM
WillPlatt
New Contributor III

I am working on a truck inspection dashboard using data from Survey123.  I would like to query a List by date range by using the Date Selector and then query it by truck number using the Category Selector. When I add the List to the Actions of both Selectors it only uses the first Selector added to.  Is there a way to use both?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

This should definitely be doable--I've got that setup working on multiple dashboards. I know one goof I constantly make is that I'll add a widget to the actions of a selector, but then forget to set the target field, which means my addition doesn't get saved and the selector won't filter that widget.

If you're not making that same mistake I do, could you describe what happens in step-by-step detail? Do you add the list to one selector, then go to the next selector and the list isn't available to add? Or can you add it to both selectors, but only one of the selectors actively filters it? If so, is it always the same selector that works?

0 Kudos
Leighton0
New Contributor III

Are you using Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 (or newer) as part of an ArcGIS Enterprise setup?

I was experiencing the same behavior in Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 and opened a case with Esri support. They finally concluded,

"I do not believe we are going to be finding an answer as to why this is happening. It seems like, from what development has told me, the category selectors ability/stability at 10.6.1 was not very good as they completed a lot of work of the action framework to make it better in 10.7 and ArcGIS Online. At this moment I do not have any further tests to complete and I am out of ideas (and development does not seem to have any either)."

Esri believes it will go away if we upgrade to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 or use ArcGIS Online's Operations Dashboard. We have not tried either suggestion.

I hope this helps. Reach out to me if you would like more details on our case.

0 Kudos