ArcGIS Architecture Series: Tools of an Architect

04-01-2019 10:36 AM
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

The Architecture Practice team in Professional Services is pleased to announce a new series leading up to the Esri User Conference.  We will be highlighting various tools and best practices for ArcGIS Enterprise implementation and tuning.

System design and architecture can some times feel daunting.  As an ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Server administrator, you may occasionally be faced with decisions for how to best optimize the services within your site for performance, reduce wait-times, and eliminate service down times.

Note: The contents presented above are recommendations that will typically improve performance for many scenarios. However, in some cases, these recommendations may not produce better performance results, in which case, additional performance testing and system configuration modifications may be needed.

Implementing ArcGISArcGIS MonitorArcGIS EnterpriseGeodatabase

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
22 Replies
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to configure the System Log Parser and I am getting the following error message:

Could not collect logs! The required Token Service URL was undefined. Please ensure the Token Service URL is defined at https://servername/arcgis/rest/info.

I went to that URL and the Token Service URL is in fact not defined, but I can't find any documentation on how to fix it. How am I able to set the URL so I can get the System Log Parser to work?

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

If you're having issue with accessing your server over port 6443, try running the request through the Web Adapter URL instead.  That may resolve this issue, depending on your deployment scenario.

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

Thank you, that resolved that issue. I am running into a different issue now though.

Using the ArcGIS Server (Web) option works fine for me, but when I use the ArcGIS Server (FS) option to read the logs directly, it often gives me an error message, even when using the same time period when it works successfully with the web option.

I get an error message saying: Could not collect logs! Problem streaming the log (log name). The data from the following line was not in the expected format. It then gives a specific line from the log. I don't immediately notice any issues with the line, it appears to be formatted the same as all of the other lines.

I've experienced the error message above from multiple log files, it isn't just isolated to one instance.

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

Just to update, I can replicate this on two different deployments of ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

Thanks Ryan, 

We're working on a patch to correct this issue.  Aaron Lopez

RyanUthoff

That's awesome to hear! Thank you!

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

Hey Ryan, 

Have you downloaded the latest build to see if this resolves your issues?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

Hello Jacob,

I just downloaded the newest build that I see (v0.9.5.0 according to the release notes) and I continue to have the same error message. I'd be more than happy to provide you with any information that you need to help troubleshoot this, just let me know.

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

Let me bug the team and see when we'll be pushing an update. 

0 Kudos