AnsweredAssumed Answered

Time Lapse question using the same data

Question asked by MidnightYell2003 Champion on Nov 29, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 by MidnightYell2003

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to make a timelapse map with some land parcels (polygons) in ArcGIS Pro to eventually show on ArcGIS Online. I have seen examples on how to best go about this but I feel like either my data is unique or what I am doing isn't normal...

Situation: I am keeping tracking of parcels along a roadway that are being affected by right-of-way acquisition. These parcels have a status field with roughly 15-20 values (in a domain) that gets updated each week or so to a new status. On the map, they are color coded based on status.

What I want: it would be nice to have 15-20 fields in my polygon/parcel that are date fields for each status and have the time lapse reader look at what status the parcel is in at a certain time based on those fields. But, I don't think that is possible (or is it?).

So, how do I do this? Do I have to make a new polygon geometry that sits on top of the old polygon with a new date for each status along the way? That would seem to get cumbersome and hard to deal with 15 polygons stacked on top of each other in the same exact spot on the same layer.

Does anyone have experience with polygons changing over time and showing that on a time lapse slider map or sorts?

Thanks!

Outcomes