[object Object] is being returned on custom report for select multiple question

Jump to solution
11-20-2018 12:05 PM
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

I have a survey with a select multiple field. The report is returning the correct answers, but it is also returning [object Object] at the end of the list (Associated Surveys Submitted: Historic Artifact Tally , Feature Survey Form , [object Object]). I can't find any reason for this. The xls and Word template are attached. My Survey123 field app and Survey123 Connect app are both up to date. 

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

I have been able to reproduce the issue with the report template that you encountered with a select_multiple question using an "other" value choice inside a group. If you remove the group it is located within the report prints correctly.

I have added this issue to our backlog and we will be aiming to resolve it in a future release to the website.

On a side note, instead of using a manual value of "other" in your actual choice list, and then having a following question with a relevant statement based on "other" being selected, it is also possible to use the question type with "or other" which will automatically create the other field when required and mean when other is selected it is always visible, even if other values are also selected. Currently the way you authored your survey with the relevant statement the additional other field only appears when the "other" is the only one selected. Alternatively you could use contains() or selected(). More info on "or other" can be found here: XLSForm essentials—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

I have been able to reproduce the issue with the report template that you encountered with a select_multiple question using an "other" value choice inside a group. If you remove the group it is located within the report prints correctly.

I have added this issue to our backlog and we will be aiming to resolve it in a future release to the website.

On a side note, instead of using a manual value of "other" in your actual choice list, and then having a following question with a relevant statement based on "other" being selected, it is also possible to use the question type with "or other" which will automatically create the other field when required and mean when other is selected it is always visible, even if other values are also selected. Currently the way you authored your survey with the relevant statement the additional other field only appears when the "other" is the only one selected. Alternatively you could use contains() or selected(). More info on "or other" can be found here: XLSForm essentials—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi Phil, 

Sorry for the very late response. Thanks for your help on this and the other tips as well. 

-Chris

0 Kudos
DanielArsenault
New Contributor III

I get this object-object message when a survey is submitted.  All the data seems to go through, anybody had this situation before?

0 Kudos
RyanMacDonald
New Contributor

Very ironic - I'm making new surveys today and having the same thing happen. Nothing has changed but am now getting the same object-object when a survey is submitted. I suspect it's likely an ESRI/AGOL issue and nothing is actually wrong with the survey.

0 Kudos
DanielArsenault
New Contributor III

oh good to know! Thanks Ryan, i'll report a bug if it persist and i'll try a new survey to see if the same occurs.

GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm getting this error with a new survey published from the Connect app. It was working when the thank you form was left as default but once I tried to update it using the web designer options it now shows the [object Object] method on submission.

0 Kudos
Jesan90
New Contributor II

That's right, it seems to be a bug.
I have solved it by specifying the message from the connector when publish, see following thread Change submit prompt text

Jeff,

0 Kudos