Problems with the Create Mobile Map Package GP tool

10-26-2018 12:23 PM
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I running the Create Mobile Map Package GP tool, and I'm getting this error. Is there a log of any sort that I can refer to see what table and or field is causing this error? I've turned on "Write geoprocessing operations to XML log file", but I'm not getting any XML log files for this GP.

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Please refer to the error help for potential solutions, or contact Esri Technical Support http://esriurl.com/support.
 A date conversion error has occurred.
 Failed to execute (CreateMobileMapPackage).

Thanks,

Mike...

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Create Mobile Map Package—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

no mention of 'dates'... what, if anything, do you have with dates in it?

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Dan,

Thanks for the quick response. The map I'm dealing with has 113 layers, each with quite few properties. I know we've got several date type fields in there, but I was hoping there was some type of log file that would give me a bit more of an idea about which layer and field to look at. Right now it's just an "unexpected" error about a failed date conversion, without any other detail, so my only option is a lot of trial and error to identify exactly where the problem is.

Are there any log files I can refer to and get some more details about this error?

Thanks again,

Mike... 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Michael... from here

Geoprocessing options—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

under Logging it is stored in your profile if you log to xml log file

but I don't log to xml... the setting is on your Project, Options Geoprocessing page

It may not be logged and I am not sure what is and isn't.

You might want to try toggling on both options if you haven't done so

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Dan,

Thanks - I've turned those options on, but the XML log file I'm getting (attached) isn't providing any more detail. Is there anything log I should be getting?

mike...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I see nothing obvious, it would be best to forward to tech support

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan – I’ll do a little more research to try to get a better handle on what’s causing the problem, then forward the details over to tech support.

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael,

Try halving the layers.... copy paste half into a new map in the project and create package, to  narrow down to the specific layer... and repeat until found.

what data sources are in your map... file geodatabase, shapefile, services ?

I have not encountered this error and am not aware of any date field conversion issues.  

if you can share data to reproduce the issue with me, I would appreciate it.

thanks

Mark

MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Mark,

I’ll do some more work to try to figure out what’s causing the problem using these suggestions. I was just checking to see if there was some additional detail in a log somewhere that may help narrow things down a little.

Thank you very much.

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos