ArcGIS Pro updates

Jump to solution
10-24-2018 12:30 AM
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a very peculiar situation that I have noticed lately with the updates with ArcGIS Pro. So, I am running arcgis pro on my laptop and my desktop.

I started off with arcgis pro on both the environments and somehow, I was able to get the update for the 2.2.3 on my laptop (which is expected) but I haven’t yet received any update for the same on my desktop.

I am logged in the same arcgis  organizational account on both arcgis pro and they use the same network.

I have even tried logging out and check for updates and result is the same. Additionally, I tried logging in with a different arcgis  organizational account and yet it fails to update the software. 

The way I see it the update delivery should not affect with the arcgis organizational account login, provided the account is not suspended or deleted.

Can anyone tell me what am I missing here?

I have also attached the arcgis pro version details screenshots of the desktop and the laptop.

arcgis pro on desktop

arcgis pro on laptop

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

Try downloading the .exe from My Esri.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

Have you ensured Windows is up to date and both machines? 

Checking for latest .net packages and drivers.

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

Yes, I just checked it after I posted my query.

Both machines are running at par.

~Shan
0 Kudos
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

Try downloading the .exe from My Esri.

shan_sarkar

This is as close as it gets to resolving the issue. Not at all impressed with arcgis pro. There is  no point in rolling out updates if half the systems are not able to get the updates or even the notifications. failupdates‌ Kory Kramer

~Shan
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you log in before starting Pro?  It wasn't clear from your description.  I never login before starting Pro yet it manages to find my organization

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

I was logged in the first time i noticed the issue and then I logged out and restarted pro and still no update notification.

I am concerned since there are few bugs that are present in 2.1 and have been fixed in 2.2.3 and since I am not getting the update it is affecting my work and obviously the desktop has better specs than my laptop so it becomes a time consuming task to perform all the workflows on the laptop rather than the desktop.

~Shan
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The manual download as suggested by Aled is your remaining recourse.

0 Kudos