append tool adding new geographic features

09-20-2018 04:28 PM
JayHill
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to append new features to an existing hosted feature layer. I thought using Latitude and Longitude as field names would place the new features accordingly but it does not seem to be the case. The record is in the table after the append completes but there is no point on the map for it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you already have latitude and longitude as fields in the table or did you add those fields in the csv you used to append?

0 Kudos
JayHill

They were already there.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

for featureclasses or tables

Append—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

but there are others, which append were you using?

It sounds like you were just appending attributes and not geometry.

If this is an event layer table, are the values all within the same values range?

0 Kudos
JayHill

I am trying the update data append data to layer tool in ArcGIS Online. This was a CSV I was trying it with.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you publish the original data from a CSV as well? If you are able to can you share the data with me by emailing it to kcullen@esri.com.

0 Kudos
JayHill

No, it has relationship classes I need to be published as well.  I did add XY data from the CSV to a project in Pro, then publish to AGOL. From there I exported the data back to CSV to test adding new features and updating existing features. CSV is on its way. Thanks

0 Kudos