Select to view content in your preferred language

Modify the Popup heading

Jump to solution
09-18-2018 09:13 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi GeoNet Users,

Is it possible to change the Pop-up heading (e.g. make it bigger)?

Also is it possible to modify the pop-up (e.g. remove the line but also place the pop-up heading at the top of the pop-up window (see attached).

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeCatanzarita1
Deactivated User

Hi Chris!

As Shantonu suggested, HTML is a good way to play around with Pop-Up structure! I would also recommend looking into Arcade Expressions as a way to further customize your Pop-Ups. Personally, I don't have much experience with these types of expressions, but here are two links you can reference if you're interested.

After reading your post, I ran a quick test.  If you're interested in getting rid of that black line in the Pop-up, or if you're interested in increasing the size of the title, something you can do is delete the Pop-up Title as a whole and work strictly with the body of the Pop-up. Deleting the title will remove the black line separating title from body and you can then configure the body of the Pop-up to look as you wish. Refer to my screenshot as an example.

Best of luck!

Joe

View solution in original post

8 Replies
shan_sarkar
Frequent Contributor

Chris,

You can play around with the pop-up headers with the basic HTML tags.

e.g.

<font size="16">This is some text!</font>

<b>This is some text!</b>

<i>This is some text!</i>

I hope this helps!

I am not sure if I follow the second query that you have posted. Can be a little more specific on the requirement?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Shan that has helped! I am also trying to change the pop-up so the line below the heading is not there but also have the heading display at the top of the pop-up much like the 3rd screenshot in my attached document.

Thanks,
Chris

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Frequent Contributor

Chris,

Any chance that you are referring to the line highlighted within the red box?

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Shan. Yes I would like to take that line out. If you see Joe's response below he explains how it can be done. From last piece of the puzzle is to move the title (e.g. Roadworks) to display in the blue area of the pop-up. You wouldn't happen to know how I could do that?

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Frequent Contributor

Chris,

I would need to play around with what Joe has suggested to see how it affects the line. But it's good to know that there is so much customizations available with AGOL.

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
JoeCatanzarita1
Deactivated User

Hi Chris!

As Shantonu suggested, HTML is a good way to play around with Pop-Up structure! I would also recommend looking into Arcade Expressions as a way to further customize your Pop-Ups. Personally, I don't have much experience with these types of expressions, but here are two links you can reference if you're interested.

After reading your post, I ran a quick test.  If you're interested in getting rid of that black line in the Pop-up, or if you're interested in increasing the size of the title, something you can do is delete the Pop-up Title as a whole and work strictly with the body of the Pop-up. Deleting the title will remove the black line separating title from body and you can then configure the body of the Pop-up to look as you wish. Refer to my screenshot as an example.

Best of luck!

Joe

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help and the links Joe really appreciate it!

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Chris,

When using HTML in popups in ArcGIS Online, it is good to be aware of what is supported and what is not. This article lists what is supported for html operations:

Supported HTML—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos