Touch screen doesn´t respond with Javascript API 3.25

08-14-2018 10:45 AM
ViridianaGómez_Olivera
New Contributor

Hi!

I have a problem with an application that uses API 3.25, when we use it in a touch device (not mobile, only monitor computers) this doesn´t work with the pan or zoom using the fingers on the screen; this only occurs in Google Chrome. Previously, this worked fine and we don´t had any problem. We have another application that uses API 4.8 and this work fine. I have tried using:

map.enablePinchZoom; 

And:

map = new Map("map",
{
center: [-95, 30],
zoom: 5,
basemap: "streets",
isPinchZoom: true
});

And this doesn´t work. This problem is related to Google Chrome? or is something related to the API? Could you help me please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is something we are looking into, I responded to a similar thread here

https://community.esri.com/thread/219624-touch-screen-doesn-t-respond-with-javascript-api-325 

ChristianDebono
New Contributor II

We have the same issue with Javascript API 3.23. It was working fine and noticed this happened when the phone updated to the latest Android Version running Android Pie, using Google Chrome; other browsers work fine.

Any help about this issue please?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We are also looking into this issue on Android 9 (Pie) and touch nav with 3.x JSAPI apps.

Thanks for reporting.

TaylorKeen
New Contributor II

Yes, this issue seems to have been introduced in 3.x ArcGIS for JavaScript apps after updating to Android 9.0...  Hopefully there is a fix soon!

0 Kudos
ChristianDebono
New Contributor II

I can confirm that the issue has been fixed with the release of JavaScript API Version 3.26

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

There is a bug (BUG-000116101 Unable to pan map in Google Chrome with ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.x application.) logged and we are working on it. 

Thanks

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

There is a bug (BUG-000116101 Unable to pan map in Google Chrome with ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.x application.) logged and we are working on it. 

Thanks

ChristianDebono
New Contributor II

Any update about the Android 9 Pie issue please?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It has been fixed and will be coming in the 3.26 update which is coming soon.

https://community.esri.com/message/794158-re-problems-with-api-javascript-35-fro-arcgis-using-pan-an...