AnsweredAssumed Answered

Performance issues with registered database views published to Server/Portal?

Question asked by szelonis_mcpd on Jun 6, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 by 96213@charlottenc.gov_charlotte

I have a new 10.6 Enterprise deployment that I am setting up and I need to publish some point feature layers to my Portal. The data that I need to publish resides in an enterprise geodatabase (SQL Server 2016) as database views (spatially-enabled tables with SQL geometry data type). I have registered the views as point feature classes with the enterprise geodatabase using ArcGIS Pro. 

Here is my issue. When I publish these layers as feature layers that reference registered data, the performance in the Portal is extremely slow. For example - 100 point features take minutes to load or never load at all. I get an error that there are too many features display even though the max record count is set to 2000. Interestingly, the problem only exists with the Feature layers - I do not have performance issues with the Map image layers of the same services.  

Other things of note: Instead of using database views, I've also tried to publish query layers of the same data and experience the same slow results. I do not have any display issues in Pro (data loads immediately) so it is not a problem with the database view performance and how the queries are written. Also, when I publish the layers as hosted (copy all data) there are no performance issues. 

I have an Esri support ticket open but was just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem or has any advice? I've tried creating a new enterprise geodatabase and set different permissions/created new logins to the SQL database - all to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes