Edit existing data in Survey123 Form from Collector using custom url?

03-21-2018 08:42 PM
SuddhaGraves
New Contributor III

Hi all,

When you launch Survey123 from Collector using the custom url, can you make the form load with existing data vs creating a new record?  When I launch Survey123 using the custom url, it appears to be creating a new record.  However, I am looking to create the record in Collector, but then have the capability to edit the existing record using Survey123.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.  

Regards,

Suddha Graves

Tags (1)
11 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Suddha,

Currently there isn't a way to open Survey123 in edit mode via URL.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this functionality be added yet?

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff, 

This capability has not yet been added.

0 Kudos
MapMagicians
New Contributor

Hi, I'am also looking this functionality to edit existing inbox data via URL scheme. I read all related threads and found many users periodically asking this since 2017. Bit strange this still not implemented. 

0 Kudos
MikailaBell
New Contributor III

Sorry, I meant to reply to your question. Check out this post -- the web form will open to a record, called by objectID, and allow you to edit. https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/05/24/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-re... 

0 Kudos
AustinCanty1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Has this been added yet? See other replies below that seem to indicate it should be possible.

0 Kudos
MikailaBell
New Contributor III

The only way to open Survey123 to an editable record is with the web form.

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/05/24/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-re... 

0 Kudos
BenjaminSperry1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I was looking at the documentation and it seems like this should be possible now, although I haven't been able to get it to work.

The URL I used (that didn't work):

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=<the survey item ID>&q:GlobalID=175cdb66-c666-48c4-85c5-c7aa96609724

(I also tried it with the object id)

Has this functionality been added yet? If so how do I get it to work?

Alex_Reid
New Contributor III

I'm wondering the same thing, I tried this yesterday and got it to open the record in edit mode but it still created a new feature when Submit was pressed.

0 Kudos