Creating Table Query To Select Records with Partial Match Between Two Tables

03-05-2018 10:05 AM
MJBiazar1
New Contributor

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to do a table query to select partial matching records between a table and a shapefile attribute in arcmap. I have two tables and I want to find records in table1 that has exact match in field C with the same field in table2.

I'm working in personal geodatabase and I executed this query in MS Access using this sql query:

The result table should be something like this:

I just wanted to know how can I do this in arcmap.

Thank you for your time in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Have you gone through the Select By Attributes tool options for expressions and wildcard to perform queries? (see also SQL reference for query expressions )

0 Kudos
MJBiazar1
New Contributor

I tried to use Create Query Table tool, but I didn't know how to write the expression in arcgis.

0 Kudos
MJBiazar1
New Contributor

Another problem is that I trying to do this query between a shapefile attribute and a table, so my table doesn't show up in Select by Attribute tool box.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The 2nd and 3rd will help with how to write the queries, that's why they are there so you can see the similarities/differences between what you know and its implementation in ArcMap.

As for the Select by... stuff... Table Select... is the same thing but just for tables

All tools are available in ArcMap and PRO

0 Kudos