How To Install the JavaScript API v4.6 for use with ArcGIS for Server

02-12-2018 08:30 PM
JunaidSarfraz
New Contributor

I am deploying arcgis javascript library and sdk v4.6 in an IIS server locally (no internet connection) using this tutorial . While following the tutorial I have figured out that it might be only for v3.x because 

While configuring

Javascript API CSS2 URL

to 

http://myhost.example.com/arcgis_js_api/library/3.16/3.16/esri/css/esri.css 

I realize that there is no esri.css file found in
v4.x, rather I found main.css and view.css. So for now I use main.css as Javascript API CSS2 URL.

Config
Now I publish a testService in arcgis server. When I try to view the service unfortunately I see blank page. Below is my network log having javascript loading errors

Network log

It seems that the two javascript (ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer.js and ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer.js) files are missing. I checked that these files are only present in v3.x not in v4.x. Now if I copy these file from v3.x to v4.x I got many other errors w.r.t. other javascript files loading issue.

Question:

1) Can we deploy v4.x locally (no internet) on server ?
2) If yes then am I following right tutorial or am I missing any step while configuring ?

P.S. I downloaded v4.6 from here

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Junaid,

Are you attempting to configure your on premise Portal installation to use the 4.x JS API?

0 Kudos
JunaidSarfraz
New Contributor

Thanks for reply Robert. I am not using "Portal for ArcGIS". I have bought argis server with license. So I installed arcgis server on my private offline server and now using javascript v4.x to develop web application.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Junaid,

I don't think that you can configure a Federated ArcGIS Server to use JS API 4.x.

0 Kudos
JunaidSarfraz
New Contributor

Robert,

Can you provide an (official-esri) link that confirm your statement ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Junaid,

I can not. You would need to contact your local esri support for that.

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

If you downloaded the JSAPI from the download pages here, the download has instructions on installing to a local server. The instructions should be specific to the version of the API, if not please let us know.

You can't replace the version of the API used by ArcGIS Server to view the services, the download would be to just develop applications in your intranet and have them all reference your locally hosted API.