Does Insights update automatically when more date is added to a feature layer

Jump to solution
01-31-2018 02:28 PM
CAICAdmin
New Contributor

I'm collecting a bunch of data in survey123 and collector if I add that data to Insights will the maps and graphs automatically update when new data is collected in the field applications?

#insights for arcgis

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi CAIC_ADMIN‌,

Yes! Insights will update automatically once updates are made to the data.

You simply need to pan or zoom the map in the card for the update(s) to appear. 

The only exception to this (as I'm sure you know) is data that is collected offline. Insights will not show this data until those edits have been synced.

Thanks,

Nathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi CAIC_ADMIN‌,

Yes! Insights will update automatically once updates are made to the data.

You simply need to pan or zoom the map in the card for the update(s) to appear. 

The only exception to this (as I'm sure you know) is data that is collected offline. Insights will not show this data until those edits have been synced.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Ctal_GISsquad
New Contributor III

Hi Nathan, I tried a similar workflow and did not find this to be the case. I am editing a hosted point feature service in AGOL but edits do not show up in my Insights for ArcGIS workbook or shared page until I hit 'Refresh Page' in insights. I want this process to be automatic.

0 Kudos
AnaSagastume
New Contributor

This is also happening to me. Did you do something different to make it work out in the end?

Thx

0 Kudos