Customize label when hovering above bar chart

Jump to solution
12-15-2017 12:27 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

When I hover over a bar on a chart that is showing the total for that category the hover label shows a date, time:count. e.g. 9/1/17, 12:00 AM: 128. The underlying map's popup does not have the time part checked.

Is it possible to customize this label? In this case all I want to show is the count.

date time count label on bar chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

At this time this is not customizable. However, there are plans to enhance the hover text to make it more flexible. I'm not sure on the timeline for this enhancement.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

At this time this is not customizable. However, there are plans to enhance the hover text to make it more flexible. I'm not sure on the timeline for this enhancement.

0 Kudos
rgMarchbanks
New Contributor

It looks like it has been a while since this post was created. Has the customizable hover text enhancement been completed yet? Thank you!

EytanStanton
New Contributor

I'm also interested in customizing hover text in a dashboard I'm building. Similarly wondering if the functionality is ready.

JerrySneary
New Contributor III

I too am interested in this functionality.

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User  ditto...any updates?

JonasRugtvedt_Geodata
New Contributor II

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are there any updates on this subject?

We are in a position where we have graphs summing up stats by year, but where the label shows 1.1.YEAR. For our users, this is causing a lot of confusion.

JonasRugtvedt_Geodata_0-1667484226639.png

Would also take suggestions towards alternative ways of solving this.

mthompson
New Contributor III

Same here, we would like to show just the year and value and not the whole date.

IonSola_Torralba
New Contributor II

6 years latter no updates on this? I want to show absolut value in axis but percentage in hover text, or use dates just with yyyy format in hover text, but this is still not possible. Could you please fix this?

LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to have the hover text in a Serial Chart reflect the alias of the value field? I've created an alias both in the data being published (and via the web map), but the hover text still reflects the original field name and not the alias. 

0 Kudos