Failled to publish web layer

11-30-2017 08:45 AM
WyllyKHOMBILA
New Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to publish web layer  from Pro 2.0 to Portal 10.5.

But I have this error "Failed to publish web layer"

Going to check the ArcGIS Pro logs into

C: \ Users \ useracount \ AppData \ Local \ ESRI \ ArcGISPro \ Staging \ SharingProcesses \

I have the error below :  the PubishingTools service could not initialize,  in ArcGIS Server:

"com.esri.arcgis.discovery.ejb.ArcGISServerEJBException: Could not initialize service 'System / PublishingToolsEx.GPServer'."

By checking this information in ArcGIS server, I see that the service has started successfully.

Please, anyone knows how to avert this error ? 

best regards

19 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Wylly,

What kind of data are you trying to share?

Have you tried to restart the PublishingTools GP service?

Also, you may want to check that the ArcGIS Service Account has permissions for all relevant folders. The ArcGIS Server account—Installation Guides (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
WyllyKHOMBILA
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

I'm trying to share ArcGIS feature classes.

The ArcGIS server services have been restarted successfully and Portal 10.5 federates the site arcgis server 10.5 but I have the same problem of publishing the data. I am using the Portal administrator account for publishing data.
I can also connect to ArcGIS server with it.

I even used the proposed fiddle solution in the following discussion https://community.esri.com/thread/56636 

without achieving satisfactory results.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Wylly,

What kind of layer type are you trying to publish? E.g., feature layer, tile layer, etc?

Are you sharing the web layer with Portal by copying the data or referencing the registered data? If the former, do you have a hosting server configured with Portal?

Did you also check that the ArcGIS service account has the appropriate permissions as per the system requirements in my previous post?

Hope this helps,

WyllyKHOMBILA
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

it works well now! thank you very much

Best regards

0 Kudos
WyllyKHOMBILA
New Contributor III

Hello Derek

I need your help again, please.
 I created a web application from app builder based on data published in Portal. However, that is displayed correctly when I am logged to the Administrator's account but when I share it to users the app does not display any content even after 30 minutes.

Would you know what to do?

Best regards

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Wylly,

• Did you use Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS embedded within Portal for ArcGIS or Developer Edition to create the app?
  • If the latter, where is the app hosted? Is it at a network location accessible to the other users?
  • What is the security model configured for your Portal?
  • Did you also share the apps' content, like web map and its associated data layers with the other users?
  • Have you tried to monitor the network traffic to help track down possible causes? E.g., use Fiddler, Wireshark, etc. to see network traffic? What are the error messages?

Hope this helps,

ReziKenia
New Contributor II

Hello Derek

i have the same issue with Arcgis Pro. i'm publishing web scene with just one layer inside. it comes from registered SQL database. arcgis portal have hosting server also. 

so as i think everything is configured properly. 

when i share web scene from arcgis pro a receive an error 

"Failed to publish web layer" and nothing more. 

Rezi

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Rezi,

Have you checked the sharing log files in ArcGIS Pro for error messages?

Please navigate to:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Staging\SharingProcesses\<Job ID>\SharingJobLog.log

(You can get the job ID from the pop-up in the jobs pane.)

What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using? What type of data are you sharing and what options were selected?

Hope this helps,

TadesseHabte
New Contributor

Has anyone got a solution ? I tried SQL server, CSV , xls and they all can not be published as a Map. 

0 Kudos