Feature class to geodatabase

10-24-2018 09:56 AM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to create a feature class within a feature dataset in my sde enterprise database from a file geodatabase feature class.  I was hoping my field domains would also get copied to the enterprise geodatabase feature class.  I tried 'feature class to feature class,' but my field domains did not come over.  I tried 'feature class to geodatabase.'  This created the feature class in the desired feature dataset, but loaded every other feature class within that feature dataset into my table of contents in arcgis Pro, 2.2.3.  Why?  And the domains did not transfer either.  Is there another way to perform this operation? Copy?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Update:  The domains are there in the sde database, but they need to be assigned to the fields again.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

A simple copy/paste OR Export/Import as XML Workspace (which won't be possible in your case, as you want to import inside a FD) allows you to copy over the Domains and any other related objects, along with the Feature Class.

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

I had similar problem using Feature Class to Feature Class, from an AGOL Feature Layer to a File Geodatabase with the domains defined. Even if i check the preserve domain option, the resulting feature class does not have the domains. Is that function only for GBD or should it also work on AGOL Feature Layer

0 Kudos