Why no Snippet Finder in ArcMap 10.5/Visual Studio 2015?

Jump to solution
11-06-2017 01:57 PM
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

I've been looking at various documentation on creating add-ins for Arcmap in visual studio, and all I can find is old, old, old. When I right click the code window I can only see "insert snippet" in the context list, and really half the options in my list are different from the screen shots in the documents. Am I missing some kind of plug-in item in VS? It is 2015 Community version. Also where can I find recent documentation on add-ins for new versions of ArcMap? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

python was an example... there is a net link there... and the equivalent help file, .... I think... in 10.5 is

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcobjects/latest/net/webframe.htm#5326e840-a76e-48c7-809a-90191f5bf3bb...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No clue about the first half of your question

For ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro specifically, look at the bottom of this page where they cover ArcMap and Pro, for python (net/java/c++) for arcmap and python and Pro sdk for ArcGIS Pro)

For example.... Python addins 

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3

Afraid I don't see what you're talking about Dan. I am using C# in Visual Studio, not Python. The walkthrough I found here references the snippet finder access from the VS code page. But I don't have that in VS 2015. Why not? Thanks Dan - cob

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

python was an example... there is a net link there... and the equivalent help file, .... I think... in 10.5 is

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcobjects/latest/net/webframe.htm#5326e840-a76e-48c7-809a-90191f5bf3bb...

TedKowal
Occasional Contributor III

Perhaps you may find it here?   In VS studio either choose from the main menu Tools->Snippet Manager  or it CTRL-B

CharlesBailey3

OK, I got it, so there is no search function in this version. Guess I have to get out my ArcObjects poster...

0 Kudos
TedKowal
Occasional Contributor III

Snippet Designer - Visual Studio Marketplace     <--This plugin will allow you to search and maintain your snippets

View -> Other Windows -> Snippet Explorer

This can be attached to your interface as a tool as well

0 Kudos