Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 customize template error

10-29-2017 11:59 AM
AnuSawant
Frequent Contributor

I have created custom template to print result from Survey 123. I have added one multi choice question for which one of the choice is "Other". The next question "Comment" is depend on it and has relevant query "selected(${Sitecondition}, 'Other')”. When I try to print it I am getting following errors :-

1) When I am trying to print it by using my custom print I can’t see values for this Comment.
2) I have used default template from Survey123 to design customized template, in that default template I can’t view "Comment" field either, but when use this default template to print the actual data I can view the value has been printed for this field.
3) Also in Survey123 default template I can actually view the information captured under Comment twice first under my multi choice question and again under the “Comment” field. This information has been filled under “Comment” field in survey so why I am getting it under twice?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anu,

Instead of using a choice of "Other" in your list with a select_one question, have you tried using the select_one or other question type? This is the recommended way to use "other" in choice lists. This will automatically create the "Other" comment field in the survey and feature service.

As for the issues you are experiencing with custom print template, this is currently a beta release and a new version of the website will be released in coming weeks. There will be several improvements and bug fixes.

In the meantime can you upload a copy of your xls form so we can try and replicate the issues.

Regards,

Phil.

AnuSawant
Frequent Contributor

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply. I have used this as "select_Multiple" type question as I am expecting more than one answer for this particular question.

This survey is private and confidential so unfortunately I cant upload it on the public site. I can send it to you by email.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos