AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to pass special characters to geoprocessing tool to create subsequent tasks in workflow?

Question asked by Deepti2020 on Oct 6, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2017 by xzheng-esristaff

I have a geoprocessing service to create various tasks. So the paarmeters for JTXSteps.ExecuteGPTool are here /addjobcomment /url:"https://xyz/arcgis/rest/services/F2F_Workflow/Task/GPServer/CreateTask/submitJob?job_type_name=drafting&job_name=[JOB:NAME]&description=&owned_by=[JOB:OWNED_BY]&assigned_to=[JOBEX:WSP_TASK.DRAFTING_ROLE]&project_job_id=[JOB:PARENT_JOB]&initiator_job_id=[JOBEX:INITIATOR_JOB_ID]....&f=pjson"

I have a requirement now to pass this string !@#$%^&*()_+/;:"',.?][}{| as job name essentially to capture all possible special characters in other systems for project names. I have noticed '#' breaks the sequence of parameters and with '&' rest of the string for the Job_name gets ignored. The call to submit GP jobs are expected through workflows and parameters are being read from SQL server tables for subsequent tasks.

In JTX_HISTORY I see the message like these :

Create Plan Checking Task From Drafting (1021423),Working,4,0,. Failed execution: Invalid column value [DESCRIPTION]

Outcomes