Hi, when opening the Properties for a Locator none of the settings ever load or able to be modified. All I get are a "Loading..." dialog that never returns anything (see image).
Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
It will be great if you can provide the following information.
Thanks for responding, answers as follows:
Thanks for answering the questions.
What version of ArcGIS Pro was used to create the address locator?
The geodatabase which contains the feature class, was it also created using ArcGIS Pro?
Just a side note when you use the address locator for geocoding addresses it only accepts address as an input you will be be able to set specific fields as output.
You may refer Geocode Addresses—Help | ArcGIS Desktop
The locator was produced using Pro version 2.0.1 and the GeoDB and feature classes produced using this version.
Are you still getting the behavior if you have upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.1 when you create the locator with the Single Field locator style and the feature class from the file geodatabase?
Does the same error occur if you create the locator using the General - Gazetteer locator style and use the PlaceName field to map the field in your data that you would have used as the KeyField in the Single Field style?
Does the feature class in the geodatabase contain global ids?
I haven't tried with the updated version of ArcGIS Pro but will look to use this next time I run the geocoder.
I am having the same issue in ArcGIS Pro 2.4. My problem is identical to that described above - I can geocode the addresses but I cannot change any settings (including using an alias table)...
I have done all software updates and have even reinstalled the software. This is an issue for all geocoding I do.
Any ideas for what I could try?
1. Did you use the Create Address Locator tool to create the locator that is giving you the problem when opening the properties? Which locator style was used to create the locator?
2. Is the locator you are opening the properties for stored on your local machine or are you accessing it from a network location in your organization?
3. Do you get the same behavior with a locator that was created with the Create Locator tool?
4. Do all of the locators that have been loaded and added to the project show up in the Locators folder on the Catalog pane before you try to access the locator properties?
5. Do you get the same behavior if you access the locator properties from the Locate pane Settings tab?
I have put my responses below:
Yes, I used the Create Address Locator tool, with the US Address - Dual Ranges
It is stored on my local machine.
Yes, I do...
Thanks for your help!
1. Did you rename the locator outside of ArcGIS Pro after you created it, but before opening the locator properties?
2. Can you share a screenshot of the Catalog pane and Locate pane Settings tab that includes the locator where the properties aren't loading?
3. Is this behavior happening with all locators or specific locators?
No, I have not renames the locator outside of ArcGIS Pro. I am having the same problem with all locators as far as I can tell. See image below.
Thanks again for your help.
Have you had a chance to upgrade your Pro? If so, do you continue to get the same behavior?
Can you create a new local user on your computer
Open ArcGIS Pro and create a locator and do the properties appear?
I have created another user and I am having the same problem. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the software and have completed all of the updates... and I still have the same problem.
Thanks for the suggestion - any other ideas?
If you have ArcMap available to you, create the locator in ArcMap and add the locator to Pro. Do you get the same behavior accessing the Properties? Also, for the existing locator created in Pro, if you have ArcMap, you should be able to adjust the setting you need and use the locator in Pro.
Do others in your organization have the same problem? If a different user signs onto your machine do they encounter the same problem?
Retrieving data ...