Feature service submission url not compatible

09-19-2017 08:25 AM
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting an error when trying to publish this survey that includes a url for submission.

I've attached my xlsx if anyone wants to try and take a stab at this..

I appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Corey,

This message indicates that you have:

1) Set the submission_url property to have the survey send information to an existing feature layer 

2) There are questions in your survey that don't match the fields in the feature layer

One way to find out what fields are mismatched is to create a new survey from the feature service and look at which questions do not match (either in name or in the bin::Esri:FieldType column).

0 Kudos
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

James, I would try your method - in fact I have - but my survey is 751 rows long with several 'hidden' fields. When I create a survey from the feature layer, the hidden fields become text and all the calculate fields do not show up, so this would not be a good method for me. Any other ideas? By the way, it tells me there is 1 field not in the submission url. One single field.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Corey,

After looking at your spreadsheet, I see that you have established a form_id and submission_url.  I am wondering where you have taken the submission_url from?  As mentioned in the documentation linked below, "The URL to insert into this cell can be found on the ArcGIS Online page for the feature service, under URL in the right column."

Author a survey that matches a feature service

Please verify that you have taken the url using the instructions provided in the documentation and attempt to publish the survey again.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Corey,

After further review, it appears that the submission url is correctly formatted.  Please disregard the previous comment.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I have been having this problem on a Survey123 Connect survey that I set up for an existing Hosted Feature Service that I have created using another Survey123 Connect Survey.

After I created the original survey and Feature Service I appended data to the survey as this was the best way for me to work around some other issues. So after a couple of revisions I have had to update both the original survey and additional survey. I ended up having to truncate the Feature Service a couple of times to load in some other data and update field mappings which kept causing breaks in both my JavaScript API Feature Service data links and the additional survey.

The way I just found to fix this issue is to create a new survey pointing to the hosted feature service and go to the setting tab under 'submission_url' just copy that link and post it to the survey that is giving you this error.

TL;DR

If you have a survey that is already configured for an existing feature service, but are getting this message. Just create a new survey pointed to the same service and under the settings tab copy and paste the submission_url to the old survey then delete the new survey.

0 Kudos