How to use TPK on Inbox map?

08-28-2017 08:51 AM
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to get the TPK I have loaded on my ios device to show up on the Inbox map view.  Is there some configuration to do this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Larry,

Currently the Inbox map doesn't support tile packages.  I've added your request to the enhancement issue we have on this topic.

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Any idea when this feature might be incorporated? We really like the Inbox feature but have a project that requires offline data collection. Not being able to access any map at all or even zoom in on the points in the Inbox is really limiting our workflow.

Thanks very much,

Brittney

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brittany,

I don't have a specific timeline to address this issue.

0 Kudos
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,  is there a way to set the default zoom of the inbox map.  This would ease the issue a bit...

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
heatherdaw
New Contributor III

This Blog lists the Inbox offline map BUG-000109967 as fixed: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/apps/field-mobility/whats-new-in-survey123-for-arcgis-apri...

However, I have an offline map which shows up in Collect but not in the Inbox, even though I have the most recent version of Survey123 installed on my Android device.

The tpk is not stored in the default Survey123 map location, but I do have the Map Library pointing to tpk's location in the ArcGIS _Collector/offline_data/basemap folder of my device.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Heather,

Have you tried following the Prepare basemaps for offline use documentation to get your offline tpk files to work correctly in the current release of the app.

You may also be interested to know that we have improved support for offline map packages and also online basemaps in the 3.6 beta builds that were made available via EAC today. You can find the announcement on EAC here and more information in the Enhanced map support documentation for 3.6 beta.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

0 Kudos