Are attribute expressions supported in Collector?

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 11:37 AM
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

In ArcGIS Online, under Configure Popups, you can create attribute expressions using Arcade.  You can then add the expression to the list of attributes in the popup.  However, I don't see it when accessing the map in Collector.  Does Collector support the use of Arcade expressions?

Kevin
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

2017 Answer: Collector doesn't support Arcade expressions in pop-ups yet. Fields that use them for the pop-up display empty on Android and iOS devices, and show <Null> on Windows devices. They are on our roadmap.

Update May 2019: Arcade expressions in pop-ups are supported with the Aurora Project release of Collector. It is available on iOS (as an app named Collector, and old version renamed to Collector Classic) and in beta on Android now.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

2017 Answer: Collector doesn't support Arcade expressions in pop-ups yet. Fields that use them for the pop-up display empty on Android and iOS devices, and show <Null> on Windows devices. They are on our roadmap.

Update May 2019: Arcade expressions in pop-ups are supported with the Aurora Project release of Collector. It is available on iOS (as an app named Collector, and old version renamed to Collector Classic) and in beta on Android now.

Esri Education Team
MattStelmach
New Contributor II

Any updates to this?  If collector could use arcade to pre-populate fields from related data it would be a valuable resource.  What timeline are we looking at?

WarrenCarver1
New Contributor II

I would like to re-prompt Matt's question. It does not appear that Collector is supporting Arcade Custom Expressions yet, but do we have any timeline on when or even if it will be possible?

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Arcade expressions in pop-ups will be supported with the Aurora Project release of Collector. It is in beta on iOS and Android now, and releasing this year on iOS. https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis/blog/2017/09/06/the-auror... 

Esri Education Team
WarrenCarver1
New Contributor II

Thank you for the update!

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Hi Kylie Donia‌ I am using the new collector on an iPad (19.0.1) and the arcade expressions are showing up as completely blank. 

On Collector Classic it shows the horrible ${expression/exri1} for both the related record field info and the arcade expression.

On Collector (new) both of these are completely missing.

I have also tried to use Explorer (both Windows and Apple) but again there is nothing there where the related record field info and arcade expression are completely missing.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have a map and services you can share with the user Collector4ArcGIS? The easiest way to share it is to create a group, share the map and services to it, and invite Collector4ArcGIS user to the group.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2

Thanks Kylie Donia‌ I've added the Collector4ArcGIS to my Naomi Help group  This is what I would expect to see for the tree with id 345.  At one point I had also added a simple related table field (not shown on current pop-up).  This also seems to not show in Collector.

0 Kudos
MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kylie Donia‌, our team is using Collector for iOS 19.1 build 2666 and we're having a similar problem with our map 'URI Natural Assets Field Map'.  It does show one expression result, that one is a text concatenation of fields within the $feature.    What is showing on the web but not Collector involves related records.   One is a value available from the popup configure screen under relationships, like 'relationships/0/field_name'.  The other attempt is a cascade expression that finds the same value with a query into $datastore, etc.     We shared the map with Collector4ArcGIS and we'd be excited about any insights you might have, if you get the chance to look.   Thank you.

0 Kudos