On a monthly basis I create a bunch of topologys to make sure that my polygon layers don't overlap or have gaps (ESN). I also run a topology on my street layer to find street segments that aren't snapped. This process consists mostly of models.
Since I always try to help my Public safety brethren, I figured I compile my process in a Python AddIn, that "should be easy to use". I started a day ago and have the skeleton of the AddIn finished and now I am looking for a Guinea Pig (I am looking at you Chris Donohue, GISP & Joe Borgione ) to use it!
- Created an official document: Topology Check Python AddIn (12/10/18)
- Added Error message when the wrong feature is chosen for certain Checks (i.e. polygon feature is chosen for dangle check)
- Now works with ArcGIS Desktop Standard
- Latest test version that includes a polygon break check. This check make sure that your line features are broken when they intersect with a polygon feature. Just select the line feature and polygon feature in the TOC and run the check.
Dropbox - TopoAddIn.esriaddin 10.3.1 + version
Here is what you need:
ArcGIS Desktop Standard 10.3.1 or later versions
Here is how it works:
2. Double click it and install it.
3. Open an MXD and add a polygon layer and a street layer.
4.The toolbar should be there but if it is not click on Customize -> Toolbars -> TopoCheck
5. Follow the steps in the screenshot!
As I said it is still a work in progress, especially the street dangle check.
Let me know what you think!