Calculate value based on a repeat

02-26-2017 08:41 PM
DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Just wondering if it was possible to have a field calculated based on the responses to a repeated question.

The example is that a user will go out into the field and log instrument values in a repeat (water temperature for an example), but they want a field that will work out the average of all the responses, displayed in a read only field.

It would be handy to know this in the field, and would save the calculation needing to be done on the data separately afterwards.

I know that calculations and repeats haven't exactly been the best of friends in Survey123! Is this something that may be coming in v2.0? (Fingers crossed!)

Cheers

Dan

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

Currently the functions that work across repeat values have not been implemented.  There isn't a specific timeline for this functionality.

0 Kudos
DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that James, I've passed this on to my internal stakeholders.

It isn't a deal-breaker for them using the platform, but it is definitely functionality that they are keen to see/use.

0 Kudos
ErikBruhn
Esri Contributor

Hi!

Any news on this? Is it still not implemented?

0 Kudos
DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

Yep, some basic functions were integrated in version 2.1 (World Milk Day release)

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/06/02/world-milk-day-release-21 

See the notes under Repeat Aggregated Functions

I'm not sure if they have been expanded since then as this release was a year ago. James Tedrick‌ will be able to answer that one better. The requirements from my initial question were covered by this release.

ErikBruhn
Esri Contributor

Perfect, thanks! Having implemented the functions in my survey covers my requirements as well.

0 Kudos