Surveys with long repeat fields

01-16-2017 03:52 PM
nejibco
New Contributor III

Hi All, is it possible to define a dynamic title for the survey?

In the case of surveys containing long repeat fields where the person collection data can get lost by going up and down, the title is a great choice to indicate which particular field he is currently surveying. For example, the title can be defined as follow:

Title =  concat('SurveyName:',  ${currentFieldName})

The idea is, while collecting data, the user will be able to check from the title which particular field he is collecting.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Can you describe in a little more detail the issue? Is the issue determining which field is currently active and the application not ensuring it is visible as they go through the survey? Is the surveyor needing to move around the form manually?

0 Kudos
nejibco
New Contributor III

Hi James. For example, in the case of household surveys, information is collected for the household and then for each person living in the household (many hundreds of questions for each person). Let’s consider the following survey:

begin group

household

select_one Milieu

Milieu

text

address

begin repeat

person

text

name

integer

end repeat

Person

end group

household

Now we suppose that the surveyed household contains 3 persons: Alice (age=18), Bob (20) and John (40).

The idea is that we can define the title as follow:

concat('Household Survey:', ' ', ${name}, ' ', ${age})

then the title will be initially “Household Survey:

then when collecting Alice information it will be “'Household Survey: Alice, 18

then when collecting Bob information it will be “'Household Survey: Bob, 20

etc.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks for clarifying- I had taken the request initially to show the question name/label, not the value.  I can take this back to the development team as a possible enhancement.

0 Kudos
nejibco
New Contributor III

Thank you very much James.

We really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
nejibco
New Contributor III

Dear James

Will this features be supported in version 2.0 of survey123 ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi,

No, this wasn't a feature we included in the 2.0 release. 

0 Kudos
nejibco
New Contributor III

Any timeframe for the implementation ?

I think even with pages this feature is still interesting for long surveys

because it flags at anytime the information being collected.

Regards

0 Kudos
nejibco
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Does this enhancement will be implemented in version 3 ?

I think it will be very interesting with regard to the nested repeats where someone can get lost very easy.

Regards

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi,

At this point, we don't have plans to implement this as part of 3.0; that being said, I have flagged it as an issue to possibly discuss.

0 Kudos