Is the basemap cause to the memory increased?

Jump to solution
11-02-2016 02:27 AM
LeoDeng
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working with the map of 'streets-navigation-vector', and I found that the javascript memory will be increased after map zoom in and zoom out.

I tried to test the demo and the problem still exist.

the url of demo:

ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox 

the status of javascript memory in google chrome

Environment:

Google Chrome : Version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

That only make sense. Vector basemaps use vector tiles and as you zoom in more and more tiles have to be processed and cached.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

That only make sense. Vector basemaps use vector tiles and as you zoom in more and more tiles have to be processed and cached.

LeoDeng

Robert,

I accept the process of zoom in and the process of  zoom out. I'm confused that the memory is not the same after zoom in and zoom out. The memory shouldn't be the same for the same center and same zoom level? 

If the memory keep increasing during zoom operation (for vector tiles basemap), the browser will be crashed in the end.  It's terrible.  Is it a bug to the vector basemap or how to avoid it if use the custom vector tiled map?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

So are you saying that you are seeing the memory consumption continually grow? 89K to 92K is not any kind of an issue for modern computers. 

The memory shouldn't be the same for the same center and same zoom level? 

No not exactly.

I think that the JS team has made sure that the memory consumption will not get out of control, there is a whole team of very smart people working on it.

0 Kudos
LeoDeng

Robert, 

Get it, thank you for your reply!

0 Kudos
AndreaWeeg
New Contributor

i am seeing memory issues with vector maps, if you switch bases the memory keeps spiking up, i can get it all the way up to a gig only way to get it down is closing the app. seems like a memory leak in webgl to me even if i clear the map and set it to null it still doesn't clear the memory usage 

0 Kudos