Layers not showing for some users in Collector

Jump to solution
09-06-2016 01:10 PM
ReneeGerasimtchouk
New Contributor III

I have several maps published to Collector and several users with different logins are able to see the maps with all of the layers and able to check them on and off, however, I have one user that cannot view the layers nor check them on in the layer list. I'm assuming it's not an issue with the maps since other users can see them? The only difference I see is that this one user is a "Publisher" and not an "Administrator". I would assume "Users" and "Publishers" should also be able to see the layers and not just "Administrators"?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

And the feature layers used in the map also have sharing enabled for the group members?  With editing/updating enabled as appropriate.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Are the layers and the map shared with the Publisher? If not, you should create a group, invite this person to become a member of the group, and share the map and features with everyone in the group.  As an alternative, you could share the layers and map with everyone, which is probably not the best idea.

0 Kudos
ReneeGerasimtchouk
New Contributor III

yes, I already have a group created and the Publisher is part of this group  and the map(s) are shared with the group. I changed the privileges from "Publisher" to "Administrator" and now they're able to see the map and layers but they should be able to as "User" or "Publisher" as well from what I assume.

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

And the feature layers used in the map also have sharing enabled for the group members?  With editing/updating enabled as appropriate.

0 Kudos
ReneeGerasimtchouk
New Contributor III

This was the problem, I thought the feature layer was already shared and what threw me off is that others were able to see the map/layers but they were also Administrators and the one user who could not was a Publisher. I would think that if the feature layer was not shared then no one could see the map/layers, including Admins. However, THANK YOU !!!

0 Kudos