Using FeatureClass as Extended Property Table?

08-02-2016 12:27 AM
EtienneLabuschagne
New Contributor

ArcGIS Workflow installed on ArcGIS server.

Server version : 10.4

Workflow Manager : 10.4

As I understand it, it should be possible to use a feature class as an extended property table in Workflow.

Here is how I try and do it:

1. R-click Extended Property Table

2. Click Add Extended Properties Table

3. In the Dialogue that pops up, I select my featureclass and click "Add".

4. Leave name as suggested and set the "Link Field" to the column I created.

5. Click "OK" and the Dialogue closes

Now, I don't see my feature class appear under "Extende Property Tables".

If I try again to add the table, it now errors with "Error Storing TP_Application".

I do some troubleshooting and find:

1. Is my table listed under "GeoDatabses -> Extended Property Tables"? No.

2. JTX_PROP_RELATIONSHIPS has an entry for my table. (I also tried one to one, same error)

3. I look at Job Types->MyJobType, "Extended Properties" tab and my table appears there.  I can select the table and some of it's properties.

4. After selecting properties in (4) above, I create a Job and open it in Workflow Manager.  In the Related Properties tab, my featureclass's fields do NOT appear (same for when I try and add it as 1-1, does not appear in Extended Properties).  Only the "regular" tables that I have added appear as editable extended properties.

Some pre-emptive answers:

Yes, I can add "regular" tables with no problem.

Yes, I have a link field in my FeatureClass and it is set up in exactly the same manner as the "regular" tables that do work.

Yes, the FeatureClass is visible to the workflow manager administrator.  It's in exactly the "same place" as the "regular" tables that do work.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Does this statement apply about creating the extended properties table through arccatalog?  These are the only two links that reference this

Managing extended properties tables—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Configuring extended properties—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
EtienneLabuschagne
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Yes.

With relation to "Managing extended properties":

I get to point 7 of "Adding an Extended Property Table to the System".

"Now, when editing your job type, this table will appear in Extended Properties tab." <-- this bit is not true for me, I don't see the table I just added.  I can't add it again.

With relation to "Configuring Extended Properties":

I can see my table I have added, and configure which properties I want to link to my job type.

So, all that works.  Problem is, I can't "see" the extended properties in Workflow Manager, nor can I see my table in Workflow Manager Administrator nor can I see or edit the properties through the REST endpoints.

0 Kudos