MapView wrap around bug

Jump to solution
06-27-2016 11:45 PM
NickCameron2
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

I'm sure you're aware of this - but asking anyway.

Have an issue continuously panning the x axis on a map view.

If I add a graphic to a graphics layer then pan all the way around the world back to the position where the graphic should be, it's no longer displayed.

Also if I place one graphic on one side of the international date line and then another on the other side, one of the graphics doesn't appear when it should until I pan all the way around the globe to the where it then appears and the other one doesn't.

See this plunkr for a demo:

https://plnkr.co/edit/UDzCuPSgQWZEze8IWfTI?p=preview

Also calling normalize() on an extent isn't working as expected - I know it's not in the official api, but there is a public method on the object still - guessing this is also related.

SceneView appears to be fine.

Thanks,

Nick

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This might be a side-effect of the wrapAround180 constructor property not being available until 4.1. Functionality matrix | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NickCameron2
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Does anyone have an update on this...as in is it expected to be fixed in v4.1?

I had another look trying to get it working and have some more info.

Using a FeatureLayer and adding graphics client side behaves the same.

SceneView's also have a similar problem, they display the graphics that cross over the IDL but will only display graphics on one side of it. So if the viewport is basically centered on it, you'll see graphics from either east of west of it, but never both at the same time.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This might be a side-effect of the wrapAround180 constructor property not being available until 4.1. Functionality matrix | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0