Unsure as to why only a subset of features display when using the MapView whereas all features display when using SceneView using the new javascript API v4

06-17-2016 04:54 AM
MarkBalman
Occasional Contributor

Want to display a map of sites (10,000+) globally and these display fine using the SceneView but only a subset display if using the MapView. I am just starting to learn javascript and am pulling services of ArcGIS for Server 10.4. I have no problems displaying the 10,000+ sites when using ESRI Leaflet. Any ideas welcome!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
thejuskambi
Occasional Contributor III

What kind of layer are we talking about, FeatueLayer or ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer?

Usually, there is a limit set in the map service, how much feature it can send in one request. So, If you are using a FeatureLayer, it would be getting only data and rendering on client, so it might not get all the data to display.

0 Kudos
MarkBalman
Occasional Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am using a MapImageLayer, I understand the limits to a feature layer but this is just confusing me.

0 Kudos
thejuskambi
Occasional Contributor III

Can you add some screen shots of both Mapview and Scene view?

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you also describe the service some more? Is this points, lines, or polygons?

0 Kudos
MarkBalman
Occasional Contributor

Hi all

The service is a published map of 10,000+ site polygons - as a MapImageLayer

This is the MapView (massive drop in sites being drawn)

MapView.png

This is exactly the same services in the SceneView (all polygons drawn)

SceneView.png

Same services in ESRI Leaflet (all polygons drawn)

EsriLeafletMapView.png

Just checked the log files in ArcGIS Server and have this error but not sure if it is related:

"Unable to process request. java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error"

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Mark

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

Did you compare the network requests that fetch the images between the apps? Are they any different? There shouldn't be a difference in 4.0 final. If I were you I would compare the requests to make sure some parameter isn't missing. Then I would submit a bug report so we can look at it more closely.

0 Kudos
MarkBalman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kristian

Thanks for the advice, bit unsure of what I am looking at with regards to network requests. The only thing is that MapView takes longer to display less than SceneView does to display all. As for submitting a bug request, never done one so no idea how to.

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you able to share the url to the service/layer so I can take a look at this specific case?

0 Kudos
MarkBalman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kristian

Unfortunately I am not permitted to share the service. I have however created a local arcgis server test ImageMap service using data from the WDPA (over 200,000) sites and yet again, all sites display using SceneView and only a small subset display using the MapView.. weird!

0 Kudos