Here my problem: I am trying to make an app that can show the attribute tables once I have maked the app created, however, I only can selected one of my shapes to show its attribute table and all of their fields to show on the final app. I attach an imag

05-19-2016 03:47 AM
PauMaudos
New Contributor

Here my problem: I am trying to make an app that can show the attribute tables once I have maked the app created, however,

I only can selected one of my shapes to show its attribute table and all of their fields to show on the final app.

I attach an image where I select the shapefile and the fields that contains in its attribute table, but I emphasize that I can choose only one shapefile to show.

Please, can somebody tell me how to show all the attribute table of the shapefiles that contain the web app?

Is it possible that the kind of account can not show more than one shapefile and its attribute table?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No attachment.  ArcGIS Online has its limitations since it is free software... do you have access to other software?

0 Kudos
PauMaudos
New Contributor

Capture_problem.PNG

I try to attach the image again. The image contain my window to configure the diferent options of the web mapping aplication.

the problem is that I only can selected one of my shapes to show its attribute table and all of their fields to show on the final app and I want to show all of that I am working.

Thanks for advance.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Pau,

Can you mention which web application you are using in this configuration set up?

Some of the out-of-the-box configurable we apps have limitations in order to make them easier to use, such as the Map Tools app http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c8a6885c0fe94ee78d9ce08d207b10cd

You may want to choose a different configurable web app or build your own (using Web AppBuilder or digging into the JavaScript, etc.).

0 Kudos
PauMaudos
New Contributor

Hello Adrian,

I have problems with the configuration of the atribute table of my application. I can only show one atribute table (I can choose which),

of my shapefile that I am using. The application that I am using is "Visualization of simple Maps" and in the configuration of the web app in options is where

I can choose the only shapefile and the files that I want to show.

But I can choose just only one and I do not know why

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Pau,

What you are seeing is the intended behavior of that particular 'simple' web app map. You can only see one table with that map (to make it more simple for the user and less work/clutter).

Take a look at Rebecca Strauch, GISP​'s post below. She lists some great resources on how to custom develop a web application.

0 Kudos
PauMaudos
New Contributor

Hello,

Firstly thank you very much for answer my question and your reasoned explication.  I will try to make the application  with a Developer account

and I hope that the customization features available are enough to customize the application and be able to show the attributes table as I need it.

Any doubt, I will write again.

Thank you for your attention.

PD: The link is out of service.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Pau,

Which link is out of service?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You may have to look at using the developer edition so you can use the customization features available. 

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

If you want/can go this direction, a few of my blogs that can help you get started and learn more.....

Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder - Developer Edition Installed

Tips for using the custom LocalLayer widget with WAB-Dev edition

Tips (LocalLayer widgets) for more customization and Updating (may help with others too)

The Resource list has many custom widgets and help, and I would specifically point you to TAPAS DAS 's documentation and demos for a step by step process with screenshots to clarify steps. (it's more than just the search widget.

Installing Robert’s Enhanced Search Widget for the Web AppBuilder

The developer edition still has a user interface to make it easy to configure, but also gives the flexibility to do much more.

PauMaudos
New Contributor

Hello Rebeca,

thank you very much for answer my question.

I will have a look to theese blogs, I wish them can help me. Before using the JavaScipt and digging in it, I want to assure that it is the last resource. 

At the moment, I have not found what I was looking for, but I will try to make the application with a Developer account and I hope that customization features available are enough to customize the application and be able to show the attributes table as I need it.

So I will revise the blogs that you suggested me and I will try again.

Thank you very much Rebeca and if you come to your mind another way to make, please let me know.

Again thank you.

Keep in contact.

0 Kudos