Registering SQL Database Connection in Server Manager Problems

Jump to solution
11-06-2015 09:42 AM
RandyHansford
New Contributor II

I keep getting the following error:

The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Underlying DBMS error[[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.No extended error.]

I have googled and tried everything I can think of and have found with no luck in registering my databases, maybe I'm missing something i did in my previous server installation, i have registered my server username in sql and gave proper priveledges, along with my windows login. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Randy Hansford wrote:

The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

Try using a Database Authenticated login with proper permissions, instead of the Windows login. See if that helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Randy Hansford wrote:

The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

Try using a Database Authenticated login with proper permissions, instead of the Windows login. See if that helps.

RandyHansford
New Contributor II

can ya help me figure out how to do that exactly? is that a setting in server manager?

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

No, its not a setting, You will have create a Database Authenticated login, grant it required permissions and then make a connection with that in ArcCatalog. Then use this connection to register the database with ArcGIS Server.

AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you give me an idea of your machine configuration?

If you are using ArcGIS Server in one machine and SQL Server in another, then the SQL Server is not trusting the account associated with ArcGIS Server. So, i would suggest that you modify the local ArcGIS User account into a domain account and then add that as a user to the database you want to map to.

Please let us know if that works for you!

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This "could" be related to your use of a Domain Service account on ArcGIS SVR and/or SQL, and is related to the Server Principal Name not being registered in Active Directory. Try registering the SPN for SQL How to Configure an SPN for SQL Server Site Database Servers and see if that works.

0 Kudos