How to filter features on map in Web AppBuilder?

Jump to solution
07-30-2015 04:06 PM
EmilyLee
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to use the filter function from the layer table in the Web AppBuilder as we would use the definition query in ArcMap.  But in the Web AppBuilder, it wouldn't hide the unwanted features.  It'd just filter them out in the layer table, but no effect on the map at all and still showing everything.

So, I tried to use the Query widget, it'd just highlight the filtered features, but still not hiding the unwanted features on map.  The "Use spatial filter to limit features" box doesn't do anything.  Is it a bug?  Or am I doing something wrong or misunderstood something here?

Thank you for your help,

Emily

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Emily,

The Attribute Table Widget in WAB allows for filtering layers in the map based on the users map extent when choosing the option "Filter by Map Extent"

The Query widget allows you to select features from a layer configured in the widget and adds a new layer to the map with the results of the query. So it does not filter layers already in the map.

There is no widget currently available that allows for the filtering of features in the map.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Emily,

The Attribute Table Widget in WAB allows for filtering layers in the map based on the users map extent when choosing the option "Filter by Map Extent"

The Query widget allows you to select features from a layer configured in the widget and adds a new layer to the map with the results of the query. So it does not filter layers already in the map.

There is no widget currently available that allows for the filtering of features in the map.

EmilyLee
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you, Robert.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I dont suppose there is now a means of applying a definition query or 'filter' to a layer to show specific records on the map (as stated by the original poster)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Currently still no.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

With your knowledge, would a means of creating a widget with buttons that would signify a User Defined request work?  the button goes through a group layer in the TOC, removes all visibility and enables the one...

so x amount of layers with the preloaded definition query are published... the button in the widget selects and enables the one for visible.

thoughts?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Sure, I have looked at this in the past, but creating a configurable widget for this (one not hard coded for certain layers) is a big deal and a high level of effort. I don't have the free time to develop this or come up with the basic code needed to get some one started.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

Oh,

I was not insinuating you write anything.  Just thinking of alternatives to mimic the use (with limitations).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

No problem, I just wanted to clarify as some time I will not hesitate to write the code for things.

0 Kudos
ikbelkachbouri
New Contributor II

Hi Robert , 

please how to filter features on map in web Appbuilder (draw results in map ) and open attribute table automatically like in in enhanced serach 

0 Kudos