How to filter features on map in Web AppBuilder?

Jump to solution
07-30-2015 04:06 PM
EmilyLee
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to use the filter function from the layer table in the Web AppBuilder as we would use the definition query in ArcMap.  But in the Web AppBuilder, it wouldn't hide the unwanted features.  It'd just filter them out in the layer table, but no effect on the map at all and still showing everything.

So, I tried to use the Query widget, it'd just highlight the filtered features, but still not hiding the unwanted features on map.  The "Use spatial filter to limit features" box doesn't do anything.  Is it a bug?  Or am I doing something wrong or misunderstood something here?

Thank you for your help,

Emily

0 Kudos
23 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ikbel,

When I looked at your site you have the Filter widget added but it is not configured for any specific layer.

http://arcgis.graphtech-gis.com/apps/Widgetfilter/configs/Filter/config_widgets_Filter_Widget_20.jso... 

Shows:

{"zoomto":true,"allowCustom":true,"filters":[]}

Meaning you have NO filters configured.

So if you allow the user to create a custom filter then you will not see the filter results unless that layer is visible.

0 Kudos
ikbelkachbouri
New Contributor II

I just  want only Custom filter .

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

OK, that is fine. You just need to ensure that the layer is visible for it to appear in the map.

0 Kudos
ikbelkachbouri
New Contributor II

Thank you so much Robert .   

0 Kudos